- Sean Pisarski is a Director at Private Debt Partners and is focused on deal origination, underwriting, due diligence, and loan portfolio management.
- Before joining Private Debt Partners, Sean was a Director at Fiera Private Debt (and formerly Integrated Asset Management) where he was involved in mid-market transactions valued at approximately $100 million across a variety of sectors within Canada. Prior to joining Fiera Private Debt, Sean spent three years in global credit at RBC focused on the industrial, paper & forest products and automotive sectors. Mr. Pisarski also spent time in equity research, responsible for covering Special Situations at an independent investment bank in Toronto.
- Mr. Pisarski received his Bachelor of Commerce from the University of British Columbia where he was on scholarship as a member of the Varsity Baseball team. In 2016, Sean earned his CFA designation.
- Sean lives in Toronto with his fiancé and golden retriever. He is actively involved in the community with the St. Johns Ambulance Therapy Dog Program and the St. Michael’s College School Alumni Association. In his spare time, Sean enjoys playing baseball, hockey, skiing, and golf.
- Anya Rae is the Director of Finance and Operations at Private Debt Partners and leads the financial and operational affairs for both the corporate entity and the group of funds.
- Before joining Private Debt Partners in 2020, Anya was the head of finance for a market research firm as well as an international art consultancy, leading all aspects of finance, risk, compliance, and stakeholder management. Prior to this, Anya spent time in external audit, financial regulation, the banking sector, and was instrumental in the development of a private placement fine art investment fund.
- Anya is a Chartered Accountant, holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Toronto, and is passionate about fine arts and philanthropy benefiting cancer research. She lives in Toronto with her husband and spends her spare time either cycling or chasing two young sons.
Alyssa is a Director at Private Debt Partners and is focused on credit underwriting, due diligence, and portfolio management. She previously joined Scotiabank’s first cohort of the Commercial Accelerate Program, a leadership rotational program for new graduates. Upon program graduation, Alyssa worked at Roynat Capital, where she implemented long term financing solutions for expansions, buyouts, and wealth monetization. In 2020, she earned Roynat’s Top Individual Performance award “Best of the Best” for her performance.
Alyssa holds an HBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business at Western University. She enjoys reading and volunteering at her local humane society. She is an avid soccer player, skier, and snowboarder, and is a curator of cookie recipes.
- Meagan joined Private Debt Partners in May 2021 as an Accountant, assisting with the accounting and operational infrastructures for both the Manager and the Funds.
- She previously worked as an Accountant at a Market Research firm assisting with the monthly and yearly financials, as well as managing the cash flows for the company.
- After graduation, Meagan worked in Dakar, Senegal as a business advisor working with youth in entrepreneurship and employability.
- Meagan holds a BBA with honours in Accounting from the University of New Brunswick.
- Jeffrey Deacon is focused on originating high-quality, mid-market long-term loans while overseeing all aspects of the firm’s portfolio management requirements.
- Jeffrey was formerly a Managing Director at Fiera Private Debt and Integrated Asset Management for over five years, where he was a leading originator on a team that completed transactions valued over $1 billion across various industry sectors and throughout Canada. Prior to this, Jeffrey managed a top-performing team in the GTA for Roynat Capital, earning recognition as a top-performing District Director for the merchant capital and long-term lending arm of the Bank of Nova Scotia.
- Jeffrey received a BBA in Finance from Roanoke College in Virginia where he was a member of the men’s varsity golf team.
- Jeffrey lives in Whitby, Ontario and is actively involved in the community and enjoys coaching his son’s minor hockey and baseball teams.
- Greg Dimmer is a Founder and Managing Partner at Private Debt Partners. His focus is finance and operations as well as origination and portfolio management.
- Before founding Private Debt Partners, Greg was previously a Managing Director at Fiera Private Debt and Integrated Asset Management for over eight years, where he was lead originator involved in dozens of transactions valued at $10 million to over $50 million across various industry sectors and throughout Canada, with a focus on Quebec and Alberta. Greg also spent five years in the venture debt industry, predominantly in the US, lending to technology companies. Prior to that, he spent five years leading sales at Financial Models Company (acquired by SS&C) in the Canadian technology industry focused on the financial markets, followed by a senior executive role at CBID markets, a bond trading platform focused on Canadian institutional fixed income desks.
- Greg has an MBA from the Schulich School of Business in Toronto and a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc.) in Civil Engineering from the University of Toronto. He has two adult children and is an active skier and cyclist and is not a great golfer.
- Jean-Christophe Greck is a Founder, Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer at Private Debt Partners. His focus is portfolio management and investor relations.
- Before founding Private Debt Partners, Jean-Christophe was a Managing Director at Fiera Private Debt (and formerly Integrated Asset Management) for eleven years where he was responsible for the business development and investor relationship management across Canada. Jean-Christophe was also responsible for origination, financial analysis, due diligence, documentation, and loan portfolio management on Quebec-based investment transactions.
- Jean-Christophe holds a Master of Science (M. Sc.) – Finance from HEC Montréal. He is a CFA, CAIA, FRM and PRM charterholder.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Ms. Colleen Johnston currently serves on the boards of Shopify, McCain Foods and Q4. She is Chair of Unity Health Toronto, which includes St. Michael’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Health Centre and Providence Healthcare and is a member on the Board of the Shaw Festival.
- Ms. Johnston retired from TD Bank Group in 2018. Prior to this, she was the bank’s Group Head Direct Channels, Technology, Marketing and Corporate & Public Affairs. She served as TD’s Chief Financial Officer from 2005-2015.
- In 2006 she was elected an FCA recognizing her outstanding career achievements and dedication to community activities. Ms. Johnston has received numerous top industry honours as a senior finance executive including Canada’s CFO of the Year in 2012.
- She was inducted into Canada’s Most Powerful Women Top 100 Hall of Fame in 2007. In 2011, for the third year in a row, she was named one of the 25 Most Powerful Women in Banking by American Banker.
- Ms. Johnston has received Honorary Degrees from St. Mary’s University and York University (Schulich School of Business).
- Ms. Sheryl Kennedy has held a number of senior positions in Government, Central Banking, Management Consulting, and Financial Services. As a former Deputy Governor at the Bank of Canada and various roles in the Economic Development and Financial Sector Policy Branches of the Department of Finance of the Government of Canada, she brings valuable expertise and perspective on finance and the Canadian economy.
- Ms. Kennedy was most recently Chair, and prior to that Chief Executive Officer at Promontory Financial Group Canada, now a wholly owned subsidiary of IBM, where she established and led the Canadian arm of the global consulting firm. At Promontory, she assisted financial services clients in addressing strategic, risk management, governance, and regulatory compliance challenges.
- Ms. Kennedy currently serves on the board of Cogent Communications Holdings Inc (member of Audit committee) and CLS Group Holdings AG (Chair of the UK Intermediate Holdings Inc subsidiary, Member of Audit and Finance, Nominating and Governance and Chair’s committees).
- Until 2020, she was Vice Chair of the Canadian Public Accountability Board which regulates the auditing of public companies. Ms. Kennedy is Vice Chair of the Vancouver-based charity, Mothers Matter Centre, a trustee of the General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada Pension Plans (Chair of the Asset Mix committee) and Governor of the University of Waterloo (Chair of the Pension Investment committee and member of the Finance and Investment committee).
- Ms. Kennedy was awarded the Women in Capital Markets Leadership Award in 2007.
Anatol von Hahn
Anatol von Hahn
- Mr. Anatol von Hahn is a venture capitalist, retired senior international bank executive, and board member with over 30 years of board, Chief Executive Officer and executive management experience in banking and finance in North America, Latin America, and Asia.
- As CEO, and in senior executive positions, Mr. von Hahn has led banking operations in Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Singapore. He has chaired or served on the boards of seven international banks as well as a number of associations and charities. He most recently managed the Canadian operations of Scotiabank. Anatol’s venture capital interests are focused on emerging Canadian tech companies.
- He currently is the Chairman of The Group Ventures, sits on the Boards of numerous technology companies including MindBridge AI, Cyber Defence Corporation and Smart Money, as well on the Advisory Board of a number of manufacturing, real estate and services companies in the US and Canada. He sits on the Board of ALMA Children’s Education Foundation and the MacDonald Stewart Foundation.
- Stephen Lister is the Chairman & Member of the Investment Committee.
- Stephen Lister is a private financier and Co-Founder of Imperial Capital, one of Canada’s most successful private equity buy-out firms. He was Managing Partner of the firm from inception in 1989 to 2019 when he stepped back from his daily activities. He is a member of Imperial’s Investment Advisory Committee for its Funds. Mr. Lister has been a director and/or trustee of many private and public companies including: Stantec, Inc., E.D. Smith & Sons Ltd., Associated Freezers Income Trust, Lise Watier Cosmetics, YPTel Corp., and Petra Pet, Inc.
- Since 1989, Mr. Lister co-led the establishment of Imperial Capital Acquisitions Funds I through VII, and led the acquisition and stewardship of many of ICG’s portfolio companies in a variety of industries in both Canada and the United States. He assisted the management teams with the strategic direction of these businesses, as well as the follow-on acquisitions and related financings. Mr. Lister played a key role in the growth of each of these companies, including their public listings on major Canadian and U.S. stock exchanges via initial public offerings or mergers.
- From 1987 to 1989, Mr. Lister was President of Startups Inc., a venture capital firm he founded to provide equity financing and consulting assistance to high-growth, early-stage companies. From 1985 to 1987, Mr. Lister was a Management Consultant with the Financial & General Management Services Groupe of Touche Ross & Partners where he provided strategic planning, financial and marketing consulting services to companies in North America and internationally. From 1982 to 1984 he was an Economist with the House of Commons, Government of Canada, where he wrote economic policy papers and research reports for Members of Parliament.
- Mr. Lister obtained an MBA from the Ivey Business School at the University of Western Ontario in 1985 and an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the University of Toronto in 1982. He grew up in Ottawa where he attended Lisgar Collegiate Institute.
- Since 1985 Mr. Lister has been married to Dr. Margaret (“Molly”) Rundle, a family physician, and they have two sons. He plays amateur golf and has competed in two Canadian Mid Amateur Championships. He is an avid reader and collects biographies, and Canadian art. He is a Level II ski instructor, ski races, plays the tenor saxophone, and is a fitness enthusiast.
- Thomas MacMillan is a Member of the Board and Chair of the Investment Committee.
- Mr. MacMillan has over 45 years of financial services experience and has held senior leadership positions at some of Canada’s most prestigious financial institutions, including the Bank of Montreal, Chase Manhattan Bank Canada, and Mellon Bank Canada. Most notably, Mr. MacMillan served as President and CEO of CIBC Mellon from 1998 to 2009 and was Chair of CIBC Mellon from 2009 to 2011. Following his tenure at CIBC Mellon, Mr. MacMillan was Chair of Blair Franklin Asset Management and CEO at Gluskin Sheff.
- In addition to his role on the board of Private Debt Partners, Mr. MacMillan has significant board experience in both the private and not-for-profit sectors. Most recently, Mr. MacMillan stepped down as the Interim President and CEO of the Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thompson Hall.
- Mr. MacMillan holds a B.A. from Princeton University and an M.A. from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Tom lives in Toronto and enjoys the performing arts and regular tennis games. He spoils his five grandchildren as much as he can.
- Mr. Robert Harding has extensive leadership experience and has served on numerous corporate boards. A Chartered Accountant by profession, Mr. Harding is the immediate past long-time Chair of Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and worked for Brookfield and its predecessor companies since 1984 in various executive positions until his retirement in 2019. He is currently the lead independent director of First Quantum Minerals Inc.
- Mr. Harding has also served on the boards of Manulife Financial Corporation (Chair of Governance and Nominating committee), Burlington Resources Inc. (Chair of the Audit committee), Norboard Inc., (Chairman of the board), NexJ Inc, (Chairman of the board) and Noranda Inc. (Chairman of the board).
- Mr. Harding is currently President of the Board of Trustees of the Art Gallery of Ontario, past Chair and Chairman Emeritus of the Board of Governors of the University of Waterloo, and a past Chair of the United Way Toronto and the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.
- He is a member of the Order of Canada, a recipient of the Queen’s Silver and Golden Jubilee Medals and was named as one of Canada’s Top 40 Under 40 in 1996.
Dr. Par Nijhawan
Dr. Par Nijhawan
Dr. Par Nijhawan is a seasoned physician and entrepreneur with 20 years of experience in cross-functional roles including finance, marketing and business and drug development. Dr. Nijhawan is the Founder and CEO of Edesa Biotech. In addition, he is the Founder and Chairman of Exzell Pharma, ranked as Canada’s fastest growing company in 2019. Dr. Nijhawan was Founder and CEO of Medical Futures Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company which he successfully sold to a public company in 2015. He also established Digestive Health Clinic, Canada’s largest provider of private endoscopy services. Dr. Nijhawan was inducted into the CHLA BD Hall of fame in 2018 and Awarded Business Development Deal of the Year 2017. Dr. Nijhawan received his MD (University of Ottawa), Internship (Yale), Residency IM (Mayo), Fellowship GI (Mayo).
Mr. Jeffrey Pocock is a mid-market M&A and Corporate Finance professional. For the past 8 years, he served as the National M&A and Private Equity Leader at Grant Thornton, developing and growing the practice to become national in scale. Mr. Pocock’s previous experience includes being a founding Partner with Solaris Capital Advisors and a partner with Orenda Corporate Finance. Mr. Pocock has also worked in the Corporate Finance Group at KPMG for 8 years and with RBC Dominion Securities as a VP in their M&A Group. Throughout his career, he has been involved in over 150 successful transactions across various industries. Mr. Pocock earned his BA in Economics from Western University (Huron College), his MBA from the University of Toronto and holds the designations of Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Business Valuator and Corporate Finance Professional.
Mr. Mario Charpentier is the Founding Partner and Co-Head of the Corporate Finance Sector of BCF LLP, a leading mid-market Quebec-based law firm. Mr. Charpentier has extensive leadership experience serving as Managing Partner of BCF for 25 years, from foundation in 1995 until November 2019. As a tax practitioner, he advises clients from every industry on the legal and business strategies to adopt to best grow their business. His involvement in the start-up community has led him to Co-Head BCF Imagine, a program for innovative entrepreneurs starting their business and to sit as Chairman of BCF Ventures’ Board, a seed investment fund for high-growth technology companies. Under his management, BCF has introduced a variety of pro bono initiatives and implemented diversity and inclusion programs aimed at promoting women, cultural, and gender minorities to positions of leadership and governance throughout the organization and the larger business community. Mario has been named Notable Practitioner in Corporate and Commercial Law by Chambers and Partners Québec ranking and in 2020 he was selected to the Best Lawyers Directory in M&A Law.
Mr. Richard Kanemy has over 30 years of experience dealing with Canadian mid-market companies and entrepreneurs. During his distinguished career at Scotiabank, he led Roynat Capital’s Ontario team from 2000 to 2010, Canadian Operations from 2010 to 2015 and Scotiabank’s Central Canada Commercial Banking team from 2015 to 2020. As SVP and Head of Roynat’s Canadian Operations he was a member of Roynat’s Executive and Investment Committee.
Ms. Kristi Miller has been providing mid-market businesses with relationship-focused, strategic financing and advice for more than twenty years. As Founder and former National Managing Director of First West Capital, Ms. Miller grew the business from start-up to a national junior capital firm that funded over $250 million to more than 100 businesses. She was recognized by EY as the Pacific Region’s 2019 Entrepreneur of the Year in the category of Business Disrupter for this work. Ms. Miller serves on a number of corporate and non-profit boards and is a recipient of the Canadian Venture Capital Association’s Ted Anderson Community Leadership Award. In a return to her entrepreneurial roots, Ms. Miller recently joined NPC Ventures, a new fund targeting companies at the early stages of commercialization in the natural products and agri-tech sector, as Managing Partner.