Reporting directly to a Managing Partner, the incumbent will have a hands-on attitude and will be prepared to accept significant responsibility and accountability, working closely with all the Partners on the development, implementation and monitoring of all business initiatives. The focus of this role will be to analyze all types of credit information to support lending decisions making credit recommendations in accordance with our credit-worthiness criteria and in compliance with our investment policies.
The specific responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Assisting in the initial assessment of all potential loan prospects by completing the initial credit assessment (ICA), credit scorecard;
- Participating in the development of financial models and other analytical tools to assist in the evaluation of capital structures;
- Maintain current understanding of financing trends in target clients’ markets, and communicate these views to team members;
- Coordinate the preparation of lending proposals and pitches to prospective clients with efforts to maximize penetration and returns;
- Oversee documentation and ongoing monitoring of asset and client performance;
- Provide accurate financial analysis and risk assessment of new and existing clients;
- Work with other members of the due diligence team in preparing investment memorandums that will be presented to the investment committee;
- Participate in investment committee meetings when presenting potential loans;
- Using the in-house portfolio management system, create, document and assist in all new loan activity, including set-up of loan payment and amortization schedules, monthly reporting matrices and loan covenant compliance and oversight;
- Utilize the company’s CRM to update client and prospect information;
- Prepare quarterly / monthly account management reporting for loans that have been assigned.
- It is essential to work within a small team-oriented environment where people must perform independently and strive to do their best. This will require a person that is hands-on, straightforward, approachable, and collaborative.
- The person must have a solid understanding and can manage the key aspects of the private debt/asset management business, be an enthusiastic individual, willing to commit significant time and resources to meet their objectives and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Our goal is that the candidate will possess the positive attitude, skills and aptitude necessary to move on a career path with significant opportunities as our firm grows.
Education and Experience
- Preferred HBA, BComm or other undergraduate degree in business, with CFA designation or an MBA.
- Minimum three years corporate lending and/or fund experience, preferably in private debt, private equity or commercial banking.
The successful candidate will have extensive, demonstrable skills and experience including the following:
- Knowledge of the Canadian mid-market debt /loan industry;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of management;
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills;
- Organized with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage projects effectively and efficiently;
- Work well under pressure while meeting strict deadlines;
- High degree of computer literacy and familiarity with MS 365 including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Sharepoint;
- Quick study with in-house portfolio management software.
Location: Montreal or Toronto
Industry: Financial Services, Accounting
Employment Type: Full-time, hybrid
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specifics of the position to: email@example.com